The PATH model of care has been celebrated on a regional and national level as a worthy standard of how our system should respond to frailty.
Here are just some of the awards and honours the program has enjoyed:
- 2010: Leading Practice, Accreditation Canada. “Leading practices are commendable or exemplary organizational practices that demonstrate high quality leadership and service delivery. Accreditation Canada considers these practices worthy of recognition as organizations strive for excellence in their specific field, or commendable for what they contribute to health care as a whole.”
- 2011: Gold Quality Award (Capital District Health Authority, Performance Excellence Program)
- 2012: National IPAC/Deloitte Public Sector Leadership Award. This award recognizes outstanding leadership in public policy and management.
- 2013: 3M National Health Care Quality Team Award, Non-acute Care
- 2014: Leading Practice, Accreditation Canada: FACT Screening for Frailty
- 2016: Drs. Mallery and Moorhouse were awarded the Meritorious Service Medal by the Governor General in recognition of their innovative work in frailty
- 2017: Nova Scotia Health Authority Central Zone Perioperative Education Day: “Dragon’s Den” first place winner
- 2017: Canadian Foundation for Healthcare Improvement CEO Summit Presenter for Palliative and End of Life Care Innovations